Header

Header

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Finding Joy

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to our fundraiser in June.  With the final total in we made just over $500 from the vendors and the bake sale!  I have another fundraiser in the works and will be posting it in the next few days.  This would not be possible for us without your help so thank you for every financial contribution, the prayers and lending an ear along the way. 

I have to say the last month has be pretty discouraging.  We have gone for several weeks without a single profile coming through.  I know God's timing is perfect but wow it has been hard not to receive anything.  Patience and releasing control to Him is not an easy task for me but one I am growing in.  
I was doing my reading this morning and decided to start Philippians.  This was part of the introduction...



A great reminder that although I have happiness with our family I have this hole waiting to be filled but I can take joy in the assurance of God's love for my family.  Today I'm choosing to focus on Joy.

As a family we have been super busy the last month with summer activities.  It's been so much fun having Maryssa home all day.  The house is messy and I'm not getting a lot done but I love having my girl around.  We just got back from a 5 day camping trip with the Wiedeman side of the family.  It was wonderful being disconnected and being in God's beautiful creation.  We saw an otter while rafting down the river, lots of fish and birds and tons of butterflies.  The butterflies would cluster on the ground...eating something.  We could get so close to them.  It was beautiful to watch.



Please continue to pray for God to prepare our family for another child to enter our home, that I will be able to be patient and wait on His perfect timing and for the finances for the adoption will be in place.

Hope everyone is having a good summer!

1 comment:

  1. When Deb and I were in No. Carolina we learned that what the butterflies are doing is "puddling"--sipping nutrients from the wet soil. And a group of butterflies is either a kaleidoscope or a flutter--we're kind of partial to the former, but can appreciate the latter too . . . Love, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete